docs.page is a free Open Source project, allowing you to create instant, fast, beautiful documentation with zero configuration.
Documentation is an important aspect for many projects, however creating a custom documentation website for each project is time consuming. Many common solutions to problems have to be duplicated, along with dealing with overheads such as website maintenance & hosting.
docs.page is designed to deliver instant documentation websites, with the content sourced directly from any public GitHub repository. Features include:
- Configurable: Add your own logo, theme, analytics, navigation and more with a simple config file.
- Previewing: View the documentation of any branch, pull request or specific commit,.
- GitHub Bot: Install our GitHub bot to automatically get a URL to pull request documentation previews.
- Components: Powered by MDX, use React components such as Tabs (useful for projects with multiple languages) directly in your docs.
- Search: Easily add full search support powered by DocSearch.
- Custom Domains: Serve your documentation using your own domain.
Other useful features include:
- Global variable injection (for managing common variables across the project).
- Displaying assets using GitHub.
- Dark/Light mode.
- Code block highlighting and content copying.
- Page redirects.
- Per-page metadata support via Frontmatter.
Repositories using docs.page#
Should I use docs.page?#
docs.page is a simple way to generate a documentation website with zero effort. It generally works for documentation websites with a lot of Markdown based content. If you require features which are more specific to your own project a custom solution might work better.